This delicious chicken is a true crowd pleaser!
- 1 whole chicken, cut up into 8 pieces (or tray of chicken legs), skin on
- juice of 2 lemons
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1.5 Tbsp chopped fresh oregano, or 1 tsp dried
- 1.5 Tbsp chopped fresh thyme, or 1 tsp dried
- 1.5 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary, or 1 tsp dried
- 5 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp sea salt (or to taste)
- Put a few deep gashes diagonally into the chicken.
- Mix all the above ingredients and put into a large ziploc bag or container. Add chicken and mix.
- Allow to marinate overnight or for at least 8 hours.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Lay chicken and marinade on a baking dish, making sure the chicken is not too crowded.
- Bake for 45 minutes, then remove from oven.
- Finish cooking chicken on a charcoal or gas grill for 10 minutes, (5 minutes per side), making sure not to burn.
- Serve over rice or roasted potatoes.